Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day Eleven: Full of Thought

Sometimes I think Tom and I are the same person, because we are so alike in many ways. Passive. Nerdy. Indecisive. Creative. Tall. Chubby-cheeked. Etc. But there is one quality that Tom has that I am super jealous of - and that is how he thinks about things. I am very much a doer. Give me a project and I'll start right in on it. No thinking. Just hoping. And a lot of the time it works out, but sometimes....not so much. 

Tom, on the other hand, is very thoughtful when he approaches tasks or problems. He is good at thinking about the process and can understand the big picture. When he builds things, he draws it out, measures twice, and considers all the options. It is the same with other questions, like where should we move, what camera should I buy, what movie should I watch? Don't get me wrong, sometimes I get frustrated with how much he thinks about things (because I just want to do), but usually in the end, I'm grateful he's taken the time to really think about something before he does it. 

His thoughtfulness transfers to our relationship too. He is always thinking of me. He always asks if he can go fishing (you really don't have to do that, but I appreciate it), he always takes pictures of butterflies for me, he always watches the romantic comedy (instead of Star Wars), he always compliments my hair do, he always let's me pick the ice cream. I wish I had the same capacity to think like he does. I would be nicer, more loving, and definitely have less incidents of gluing my fingers together during craft time. 

If you haven't guessed yet, I want to be like Tom when I grow up.  

See, told you he takes pictures of butterflies for me. 
Chico, California, 2009
Where is this Tom? I picked this one, cause it looked like you were thinking.

No comments: