Sunday, December 4, 2011

#5 - Catch a fish by myself

Numero cinco on my 30 x 30 list was to catch a fish by myself and I am pleased as punch to announce that I have accomplished this. Usually when I go fishing with Big T (oh Tom, that's your new nickname p.s.) I make him cast, then I hold the rod, then I catch one, reel it in, and then he gets it out of the water and unhooks it. So my goal was to do all the steps by myself and I did. It was back in August on our way back from girl's camp. We stopped at Jordanelle Reservoir and I caught a small-mouth bass. He helped me a little, but mostly I did it. Small-mouth bass are super fun to catch. Pound for pound, they are the hardest fighting fish around.

So, we didn't get a picture of my bass. But I needed a picture for the post, cause it turns out posts without pictures are boring. So, I stole a picture of Tom and his friend's bass. It's cool. It looked just like this....but WAY bigger. Trust me.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Definitely the worst part is unhooking it. Proud of you.