My friend Shannon started a list of 30 things she wanted to do before she turned 30 and I loved the idea, so here I go. In no particular order.
1. Make an entire wedding out of paper flowers.
2. Become a mother.
3. Learn song by "The Swell Season" on the guitar. And sing it in front of at least 5 people.
4. Learn "Nunley's Carousel" by Billy Joel on the piano.
5. Catch a fish by myself.
6. Memorize a poem.
7. Listen to the "Lord of the Rings" on Audio CD.
8. Hike King's Peak. Or just go on a hike.
9. Read a book by Charles Dickens.
10. Paint a picture.
11. Do something with my washer collection.
12. Sew a shirt or skirt.
13. Make lots of pies, until I find the very best recipe. Become known for my pie-making skills.
14. Cook one dish out of every recipe book I own (got this idea from Katie).
15. Have a party. A sit-down dinner party.
16. Knit a scarf.
17. Go camping with Tom 7 times.
18. Go on a trip to a place I've never been. Can be just a little trip.
19. Design something using "Sketch-Up".
20. Get sucked into a made-for-TV drama. (I have to have something to check off, right?)
21. Attend the temple at least 12 times.
22. Make a garland.
23. Serve at the church bakery or cannery or other assignment.
24. Go see the daffodils at Red Butte Gardens.
25. Write at least 10 letters to people, instead of an email or phone call.
26. Take some family photographs.
27. Write down 10 childhood memories in my journal.
28. Plant a garden and bottle some of it.
29. Make rock candy.
30. Go to Antelope Island and/or Spiral Jetty.