Thursday, August 4, 2011

Granite Rocks!


I am so excited about this post! My high school (Granite - Home of the Mighty Farmers!) closed in 2009. I was so sad, but I understood enrollment was down. So now I am just so excited about what could potentially happen to it! South Salt Lake City wants to purchase the land and all the cool old buildings from Granite School District and turn it into a community center. I read about it in the paper today and I just want to tell everyone I know about it. Here is the website for more information.

http://graniterocks.org

There will be a vote to pass a $25 million bond to transform the school into the community center. I hope it passes. I am going to volunteer to help it pass. I think it would be such a neat thing for that area. So spread the word and all you Farmers reading this blog...let people know! We had such a great time there, it would be sad to see it turned into another strip mall with no character. Yuck.

Go it Granite!

No comments: