Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Washers, Thesis, Tulips, Salsa Garden, and a Pisa Party

Haven't written in a while...Now you get to see a whole bunch of pictures! Yay!

First my washer collection. I told my Shawn (my cute step-mom) about my collection of washers and she wanted me to post a picture of it on my blog. I found my first washer on my first "official" date with Tom. Ever since that day I find washers wherever I go, it is really fun. I asked Tom if it was because I was special or just lucky. He said special. I love him.



Next...my thesis (which is the reason I haven't written in a while). I am making really good progress on it. I will defend in April! Here is my outline on color coded index cards and taped to a rubbermaid lid. :)


My cute friend Chelsey gave me some tulip bulbs for Christmas and I planted them a couple weeks ago. I don't know if they are going to work, but they are starting to pop up...so I'll keep you posted. Also, Tom and I have started some seeds for our salsa garden. We are starting the seeds at our home and will plant them in Tom's dad's garden. Get excited for that!


Finally...Tom and I hosted a party with some friends. It was a party celebrating the day (Feb. 27th) that the Italian government asked for the world's help in restoring the Leaning Tower of Pisa. In short...a Pisa Party! Everyone brought their favorite Italian dish and we talked about our Italy trips. Very fun. I didn't get a picture of all of us or all the yummy food, just the appetizers. It was delicious. I wanted to have a party on the 27th...so to come up with a theme I went to The History Channel website and plugged in the date and it tells you what happened on that day. Great for a quick party theme.
If you want to party today...you can celebrate the day that Elvis joined the army. :)

That's all for now. I will post more about the garden and my thesis soon. Also...my latest sewing ventures. I've been inspired to start sewing and I feel the need to get good at it...so it is going to be interesting at first, but I am excited!
Happy collecting, schooling, gardening, partying, and crafting!

11 comments:

Erin said...

You two I swear...your creativity never ceases to amaze me. Love the washer collection. :) What are you going to do with all of them? Make a necklace?

The salsa garden sounds great. We'll invite you for a tasting of our garden if you'll invite us over for a tasting of your salsa? Deal?

Deb said...

Genius idea with the history chanel party!

Danielle said...

I really like that theme party idea. Celebrating Elvis joining the army might not be so bad as long as it is an excuse to have a party. You make me laugh. I love your washers!

C.B. said...

LOVE the washer collection Meg!

Anonymous said...

What a fun post! I love random stuff. Speaking of random, I get the feeling that you would appreciate this chair: http://www.designmom.com/2009/03/giveaway-chick-chair-from-mahar.html

Flattail Family said...

Way to go on your thesis writing!!! It's great that you have a few distractions (like finding washers, planting seeds, and hosting parties) to help you get through the ordeal. I hope someone is planning you a big party to celebrate your defense. Do you have a date yet?

Kourtney said...

That osund like fun. I wish I could have helped with the eating party. I wonder what is the strangest place to find a washer. Becuase finding washers everywhere is not crazy enough. Good luck with the thesis. You write wonderfully so Ia m sure it will bea huge success one that a journal will want to pick up and publish. Love ya

Steve & Sara said...

I love the Pisa Party, how fun! Good luck with your thesis, let me know if you're in Logan. Come see me, I miss you!

Texas Harveys said...

Great idea for a party theme! I'm excited to try it. And I love the washer collection.

ilikewinter said...

You and your washers.

That Pisa party is a cool idea- was it people on the LAEP trip that went?

Anonymous said...

How exciting to be defending next month, Congrats!! I love your party ideas, very creative!!