Wednesday, May 25, 2011

#14 - Cook one dish out of every cookbook I own

This is the first cookbook I chose to cook dinner out of. My step-mom gave me this cookbook (looks like you can get it for 27 cents) - she buys cookbooks from the DI and copies out the recipes she wants to try and then gives the book away. Smart! I've kept this one though because there are a lot of good recipes that you can cook really fast. I like.

I chose the Guerilla French Toast and it was super easy and fancy-looking. I like that it was baked, not fried. You just mix up an egg/milk mixture and add cinnamon and vanilla. Then you take 1" thick bread slices (it calls for Challah, but I used french bread) and cut a hole in the bottom (keeping the sides and top in tact) and stuff it with your favorite jam or fruit. Then you soak the pieces in the egg mixture for 5 minutes (2 1/2 on each side) then pop it in the oven for 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Then after 20 minutes you flip the toast over and bake for another 5 minutes. It turned out really yummy! Would be good for a brunch because you can make quite a few at a time.

Happy toasting!


1 comment:

Kourtney said...

Now that looks delicious. Have fun in Vernal. It was super great to talk to you for a second. Have so much fun next weekend it will be sad not to be with you maybe we will see you soon :)